Precautionary Measures Against COVID-19
Updated: 16th June 2020
Re: Safe Reopening of Physical Classes on 14th July, Tuesday
Singapore is entering Phase 2 on 19th June 2020, and we share the joy for the return of some post-COVID normalcy!
However, our school will remain closed in June as we await further instructions from the Ministry of Education, while assessing the situation to ensure that no second wave happens. Should all go as planned, The Writer’s Place will reopen for physical classes on 14th July, Tuesday. Our reopening plans will be emailed to you soon. In the meantime,
NEW: P4-P6 Online Term 2 classes
- For parents who would prefer this option
- More details will be out soon
At The Writer’s Place, we believe that it is our responsibility to ensure that the safety and health of our students and staff are not compromised. While we are eager to reopen our doors, we hope to do so in a safe and careful manner.
We appreciate the continued support that we’ve received, and we thank you for your patience on the matter.
Updated: 20th may 2020
Based on the latest news update on the Phased Approach To Resuming Activities post-Circuit Breaker, The Writer’s Place falls under ‘Tuition and Enrichment Centres’ and we will not be able to open our centres on 2nd June 2020 as intended.
Our business falls under Phase 2 of the reopening. All classes will be pushed back to further notice.
Online classes for Primary 6 students: After careful consideration and given the new circumstance, we have decided to provide online classes for our Primary 6 cohort. This move is also encouraged by the requests made by many of our parents. Our team is currently planning an online curriculum and schedule. More details will be emailed to the Primary 6 parents soon.
In the meantime, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued patience and support on this matter.
Wishing all best of health, and stay safe!
Updated: 2nd April 2020
Dearest Parents and Students, we hope that you have been well.
We hope to be able to resume our classes on 2nd June (Tuesday), or the earliest that we are able to (in accordance to the government’s directives). We will keep our parents updated accordingly.
In the mean time, we wish all our parents, students and their families to be safe and healthy.
Updated: 25th March 2020
MOH’s latest press release: https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/tighter-measures-to-minimise-further-spread-of-covid-19
Announcement on Suspension of Enrichment classes with effect from 25th March till 30th April, kindly take note of the following:
1) ALL classes will be suspended with immediate effect (starting from 25th March Wednesday)
2) This week’s lesson (Term 1 Lesson 12) will be pushed back to when our centre resumes operations on 5th May.
3) 2020 Term 2: 12th May – 1st August
4) Any marked worksheets with us will be posted to your mailing address as given.
5) Free Home Support
Some children will still be sitting for compo exams in school. TWP hopes to provide guidance and support to minimize the disruption in their learning. More details will be emailed to you.
Let’s get through this together, Singapore!
Updated: 19th March 2020
The Writer’s Place Requirements:
* Student should NOT attend TWP classes for the stipulated 14-day period if
- child or any household member has traveled on or after 14th March
- at any time, child or any household member has been issued a Stay-Home Notice / Quarantine Order
We seek all parents to promptly update our school where necessary.
Please be assured that special makeup classes will be arranged accordingly.
We aim to support all our students who might be affected in one way or another to the best of our abilities. Rest assured that TWP is committed to being vigilant and enforcing stringent measures.
ALL parents are required to fill in a March Declaration form by 20th March 2020.
- For students attending lessons at Keat Hong CC branch (CCK): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1o07ImEYsi4tUsGyR-afMMBwFfI8aF0Hu9as9cIpMAX0/edit?usp=sharing
- For students attending lessons at Woodlands Galaxy CC branch (GCC): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1ZnAW43UBX-YlW–n_wA2ZCxHtL1qtMl_p10Nk2DMcxA/edit?usp=sharing
- For students attending lessons at Pasir Ris Elias CC branch (PR): https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ltv9YWtdsVZ1pWJTOn931qL0cfQokDka0ObxfDD6Nmo/edit?usp=sharing
Updated: 6th March 2020
As the Coronavirus situation continues to develop in Singapore, we understand the concerns that it has raised. We would like to assure all our parents that The Writer’s Place continues to keep a close eye on the situation, as we step up on our measures to maintain a clean and safe environment for all.
As we are following MOE’s directions, till date, the government has not given a directive to suspend schools or any child-related establishments such as childcare and education centres. As such, we are obliged to continue our operations as usual until instructed otherwise. Please be assured that we will adhere to suspension of classes if such directive is given by the government.
For MOE’s updates on the Coronavirus infection in Singapore, read here.
While our School and classes will run as usual, we would like to assure you that our students and staff’s health remain our highest priority.
We care about your child’s well-being.
In our efforts at ensuring the best for our students, we seek all parents’ cooperation in enforcing the following measures to minimize the effects that this situation has taken on their learning.
A) WHAT YOU CAN DO
1) Following the government’s lead, all parents and students who have returned from affected areas on 14 March or later have to take a 14-day leave of absence from The Writer’s Place classes.
2) All parents need to complete the Health Declaration forms that will be emailed to you on a monthly basis before your child attends his/her classes with us. A NIL response is required.
3) Students who exhibit the following symptoms will not be permitted into the centre. Please have your child rest at home if he/she has displayed the following:
- A fever of 37.5°C and above
- Bad coughs
- Runny nose
- Shortness of breath
4) To facilitate the screening process, please:
A. Come at least 15 minutes before classes begin. We anticipate waiting and delay, and we thank you for your patience and understanding.
B. [Screening]: Students must wash their hands at the CC toilet before queueing up to have their temperatures taken.
C. While we actively enforce these measures, it is ultimately best if all individuals practise hygienic habits, such as
- Wearing masks and sanitizing their hands (students to bring their own masks and sanitisers if needed.)
- Coughing or sneezing into a disposable tissue and throwing it into the bin immediately
- Refraining from rubbing at eyes
Please do help remind your children on this. Every bit helps!
B) WHAT WE ARE DOING
5) These are the precautionary measures that will be taken at all our centres:
a) Screening* health checks outside the center for all individuals.
Anyone (students, staff and visitors) displaying the above symptoms will be turned away and advised to seek medical attention immediately.
b) Disinfection of Centres
On top of stepping up on the frequency of cleaning the centres, all tables in our classrooms will be wiped-down with disinfectant spray before the start of each lesson. We are also ensuring extra care in the cleanliness of common surfaces such as door handles, the reading corner and glass doors.
c) Visitor Registration
On top of the mandatory hand-washing with soap and temperature-taking protocols that all visitors have to take, we will also be collecting contact details of all visitors before allowing access to into our centres. All parents are requested to wait outside the center. (For non-urgent matters, please drop us a SMS.)
d) Availability of Hand Sanitizers
Hand Sanitizers are readily available in all our classrooms for extra precaution.
6) *Screening: Students displaying the above symptoms outlined in (3) will not be permitted into the centre. Special make-up classes will be arranged for:
- Students who produce a valid MC, and
- Students who complied with the compulsory Leave of Absence
As always, please allow us time to plan and to get back to you with an arrangement at a later time.
Let’s work together to keep everyone safe during this period. We thank you for your support and assistance in keeping our school safe for all our children.
The Writer’s Place Management